Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Dream Came True.







How can it be that when
I bent to kiss you good night,
My daughter,
A beautiful young woman
Lay where only yesterday
A little girl had been?
When did the barrettes and
Ponytail ribbons,
Of birthday party days, give way to the
Styling comb and make-up mirror

Was it not only yesterday,
Crayons of all colors laid upon the table
Where now bottles of nail polish rest?
How can it be the buggy you filled
With so many dolls
Has been pushed aside and new suitcases,are filled instead
Did you ever know the finger you
Wrapped yourself around was tied right to my heart?

It seems as though the ink has just dried
On the pages of your baby book
And here we are laughing over pages
In your year book.
How did the ballet slippers of a little girl
Become the high heels of a young woman on her way?
Such a little while ago you cried,
"Mommy, I'm scared", and now you whisper,
"Mom, don't worry I'll be fine."

Where did the teddy bear you hugged all night gone to?
How can it be the smell of baby powder
Turned instead to the scent of perfume.
And the roses tiny fingers picked
Were treasured like the petals of a prom bouquet?
Wasn't it only yesterday ruffles and tea parties
Colored my world pink and today.
How did it happen so quickly and
When I stop to realize all my golden tomorrows
Will bask in the memories of pink yesterdays.
Thank you my daughter for those pink yesterdays.

If there's one face I want to see, so beautiful, so true, one smile that makes a difference,

to everything I do.

If there's one touch I long to feel, one voice I long to hear, whenever I am happy, or just needing someone near.

If there's one joy, one love, from which I never want to part, it's you, my very special love,

my world, my life, my heart.




No comments: